Easy Money Transfers to your Rupee Checking Account in India.
Send a Foreign Currency Check/Draft in your name to the nearest Citibank NRI Business Center. The Instrument should be payable/endorsed to: Citibank NRI BUSINESS A/C Name & Number ________________.
We accept Foreign Currency checks in the following currencies - USD, GBP, CAD, SGD, EUR, JPY.
|US Dollar||New York|
Please follow the simple guidelines below to enable faster processing of your checks:
a) Ensure that your
- Account Number and Name are correct and clear on the Check/Draft
- Signature matches with the one you provided to your bank at the time of account opening
b) Make sure the Check/Draft is countersigned, in case of an alteration
- In the payee's name
- In the date
- In the amount
- Or over-writing on the signature
c) Ensure that the amount entered in words and the amount entered in numerals is correct.
Check/Draft Clearing Timelines are as follows:
Expected Processing Time1
|USD checks deposited in USA||For all checks < USD 5,000||After 4 days from receipt of check|
|For all checks > USD 5,000||After 11 days from receipt of check|
|GBP checks deposited in UK||For all checks < GBP 7,500||After 4 days from receipt of check|
|For all checks > GBP 7,500||After 11 days from receipt of check|
|CAD checks deposited in Canada|| For all checks submitted above CAD 10,000 the customer has to submit a copy of his
and provide current address
|After 24 hours from receipt of check|
|EUR checks sent to London Service Center||For all EUR checks||After 7 working days from receipt of check|
|SGD checks deposited in Singapore|| For all SGD checks (check clearing letter to be
|After 3 working days from receipt of check|
|1 Processing time includes location-clearing time.|
- All Checks/Drafts received in non-home currencies will go in for International Clearing. On an average it takes 7-10 days for funds to be received from the time check is deposited. After receipt of funds, the customer will be able to utilise the funds within a maximum of 21 working days. This is applicable for USD check. For SGD check, it takes about 3 working days for the customer to utilise the funds after receipt of funds. For other currency instruments, it takes anywhere between 14-49 days for the customer to utilise the funds
- All Checks/Drafts payable in currencies which are not drawn at the Home Country will be sent for collection directly to the drawee bank. We can credit your account only upon receipt of check proceeds from the other bank. The clearing time will be a minimum of 30 working days from the date of credit of funds. For example: a USD check, payable at UK, deposited in India
- In case a check deposited into your account bounces, the processing time for subsequent checks credited into your account may be increased by up to 21 working days
1 Once you open the Rupee Checking Account, you can issue a Demand Draft/Pay Order by using our Internet Banking facility. All demand drafts ordered are absolutely free of cost. The drafts will be issued in India and couriered directly to the beneficiary within 2 banking days. Your beneficiary would receive the same within 5 banking days from the date of receipt of your instructions. This service is currently available over 700 locations across India and there are over 324 locations in India where Citibank has courier tie-ups with. If the location of your beneficiary is not one of the courier tie-up locations, the demand draft would be sent by registered post.
2 Citibank's conversion rate for transfers denominated in a foreign currency includes a commission for the conversion service. The minimum you can send is $1 (exclusive of any fee for the transfer). The maximum you can send from a single account is $3,000 per day and $10,000 per week (subject to change). Transfer limits are subject to periodic temporary reductions as part of the security measures we use to protect your accounts. The funds will be debited from your account and credited to the Rupee Checking Account immediately. For further details please log on to your US Bank Account at www.citibank.com
For product Terms and Conditions, click here.